We are looking for a freelance innovation practitioner to be a go-to resource to help with a variety of innovation activities that enable our clients to grow, stake new ground and stay relevant into the future. Ideal candidates have a knack for gathering information and then synthesizing it in order to tell a compelling story and uncover new opportunities. Ideally, candidates will work out of our Chicago-area office; however, flexibility to work remotely from anywhere in the country is a possibility.
- Review client-provided documents, conduct secondary research and listen/note-take on client, expert or customer interviews and pull the most salient observations.
- Analyze a wide variety of input to find patterns — and then contribute to the synthesis and presentation of learnings in a well-structured presentation to meet a client need. Presentations range by topic; some examples include:
- Client or product competitive landscape
- Future trends and relevant opportunity areas
- Specific industry or category understanding
- Customer insights
- Collaborate with and support work teams across competencies including design strategy, research and experience design.
- Contribute to key deliverable development
- Help plan for and create session materials for co-creation workshops
- Participate as a table lead for client co-creation workshops, providing guidance and oversight and contributing to generation of content/ideas
- Attend key client meetings, contribute to the conversation and provide recommendations
- Fast learner who can easily get up to speed on a client’s business and quickly synthesize information into digestible recommendations
- Very comfortable with ambiguity and able to easily pivot in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communicator with ability to build rapport through authenticity and honest feedback
- Team player willing to “dig in” and make the progress needed to contribute to client value
- Passionate, collaborative and always willing to find creative ways to make progress
- Connective thinker who can quickly articulate abstract concepts and how they can be applied to create business value
Other Valuable Talents:
- Create visual presentations with writing, imagery, infographics, etc. using PowerPoint, InDesign or other relevant programs
- Financial services/insurance experience
- Background/depth of knowledge in one or more of the following areas: cognitive models, design thinking, experience design, Lean Startup, brand positioning.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree
- Business, Psychology, Design Thinking, Customer Experience or related field preferred
- 2+ years experience in a professional services environment.
About Maddock Douglas:
Maddock Douglas (www.maddockdouglas.com) is an internationally recognized innovation consulting firm that helps companies design, brand and launch new products, services, experiences and business models while also empowering an agile culture that can continually innovate.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email Jessica Vitale at- Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org