Freelance Visual Storyteller/Presentation Enhancer
Can you think visually and craft language to tell a compelling story? Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite programs? You may be a great fit as we are looking for a go-to resource to help with a variety of visual storytelling efforts on a project-by-project, freelance basis.
Maddock Douglas has a unique culture, a friendly vibe and a “Yes, I can help you get that done” mojo. We're not really fond of divas and don’t have time for Debbie Downers. Energy and enthusiasm are the frosting on the cake. So your attitude is as important as your aptitude. Hey, nice segue:
Specific things you should have in your toolbox:
- A strong portfolio of design work that demonstrates your strategic, conceptual and creative approach
- Excellent at taking complex concepts and synthesizing them into simple, yet powerful, visual stories
- Ability to visualize data into infographics and other visual treatments in order to enhance research presentations.
- Experience updating PowerPoint presentations to add visual “love” to them — including but not limited to a knack for creating visual metaphors, updating slide layouts to ensure they’re clean and elegant, replacing words with images wherever applicable and finding images to depict persona personalities.
- Expertise in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint on a Mac OS X platform
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, experience design or other related field with two to five years of professional experience
- Accountable and proactive — able to prioritize your workload to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working quickly and meticulously under pressure with tight time frames
- Eager for opportunities to articulate, pitch and defend your conceptual and directional design decisions
- Interest in finding solutions to unexpected challenges
Here at Maddock Douglas, we’re all about co-creating. You’ll work hand-in-hand with a creative director and a cast of characters to transform strategic thought into sound concepts, visual stories and well-designed executions.
You’ll be contributing your passion and talents to a variety of client projects as needed, but with a primary focus on presentation design and visual storytelling.